DISCIPLINES There are 4 disciplines for competition events to chOOse from:
- Long Cycle
- Half snatch
- Competitors must wear appropriate footwear and attire.
- Athletes must compete with bare hands.
- Long arm tops and pants (even skin tight) are prohibited.
- Shirt sleeves must not cover the elbows.
- Shorts must be above the knee.
- Competing in bare feet or open-toed shoes is prohibited.
- A weightlifting belt, no wider than 12 cm, may be worn on top of clothing.
- Wrist wraps, no wider than 12 cm, may be used.
- Neoprene knee sleeves or knee braces and elbow sleeves are allowed.
- Headphones are not allowed.
- A chalk belt may be used.
- Competitors must take care of their own magnesium chalk needs. The venue does not have to supply chalk.
In the event of a tie, the victory will be awarded to the competitor with the lowest bodyweight at the time of weigh-in (or in some cases, after the flight is over).